External Examinations (AP/IB/CLEP)
Standardized exams are designed to measure how well a student has mastered the content and skills of college courses. A student must meet specific scores and requirements, below you will find links to resources that describe in detail how to apply exam scores towards college credit for LACCD/CSU/UC General Education.
Warning: Please note individual departments at each institution determine how to apply credit toward the major.
- LAHC Catalog:
- see details specific to LAHC in the section titled "Advanced Placement (AP), College-level Examination Placement (CLEP, and International Baccalaureate (IB)": LAHC Catalog
- LAHC AP Credit chart: AP Credit Chart 200528 for catalog.pdf
- AP: Administrative Regulation E-110
- Revised 01/22/2020: https://www.laccd.edu/About/Documents/AdministrativeRegulations/E-110.docx
- IB: Administrative Regulation E-122
- Revised 01/22/2020: https://www.laccd.edu/About/Documents/AdministrativeRegulations/E-122.docx
- CLEP: Administrative Regulation E-123
- Revised 05/02/2019: https://www.laccd.edu/About/Documents/AdministrativeRegulations/E-123.docx
- Revised 06/2020: https://icas-ca.org/igetc/standards-policies-and-procedures-manual/
Independent/Private/Out of State
Check the websites of each individual institution to determine how to apply external examinations toward credit.