Students unable to resolve their potential grievance through the informal process outlined above, may file a "Grievance Hearing Request Form" with the college ombudsperson. The College ombudsperson will provide students with information about the formal grievance hearing process and their rights and responsibilities in this process. The student may also request, through the Ombudsperson, that any relevant information and documentation be made available at a hearing, as long as this information does not violate the privacy rights of others.
Students have the right to be represented by him/herself, a student advocate, or a person of his/her choice (the Grievant may NOT be represented by legal counsel).
This grievance procedure does not apply to the following:
- Challenge process for prerequisites, co-requisites, advisories, and limitations on enrollment (Office of Academic Affairs);
- Alleged violations of sexual harassment or discrimination (Compliance Office);
- An appeal for residency decision (Admissions and Records Office);
- Eligibility, disqualification, or reinstatement of financial aid (Financial Aid Office), or
- Actions dealing with student discipline (Office of Student Services).