​What is AB 705?​​

Due to recent changes in California State man​dated​​​​ policies AB 705 has replaced Math and English Assessment testing.​ ​It requires that a community college district or college maximize the ​probability that a student will enter and complete transfer-level coursework in English and Math within a one year timeframe and use, in the placement of students into English and M​ath​ courses, one or more of the following: high school coursework, high school grades, and high school grade point average.

How can students gain placement into a Math or English class?

  • ​High school coursework
  • High school grades
  • Previous college coursework

Who do students speak to about gaining​ placement into a Math and/or English class?

Students may speak to a general counselor located at the Information and Counseling Desk. ​Drop-in counseling is offered to students daily. F​or more information regarding drop-in times, ​available​​ counselors, or booking an appoin​​​​tment please contact (310) 233-4230.

What if I cannot gain access to my high school transcript or I have a special circumstance?

Students should still visit a counselor at the Information and Counseling Desk for guidance.