This grievance procedure does not apply to the following:
- Challenge process for prerequisites, co-requisites, advisories, and limitations on enrollment (Office of Academic Affairs);
- Alleged violations of sexual harassment or discrimination (Compliance Office);
- An appeal for residency decision (Admissions and Records Office);
- Eligibility, disqualification, or reinstatement of financial aid (Financial Aid Office), or
- Actions dealing with student discipline (Office of Student Services).
Grievances pertaining to grades are subject to the California Education Code Section 76224(a) which states:
"When grades are given for any course of instruction taught in a community college district, the grade given to each student shall be the grade determined by the instructor of the course and the determination of the student's grade by the instructor, in the absence of mistake, fraud, bad faith, or incompetency, shall be final."
Detailed information and/or assistance with the Student Grievance Procedure is available in the District Administrative Regulation, E-55, or may be obtained from the Office of Student Services or the Los Angeles Community College District Office.