Test of Essential Academic Skills
ATI TEAS Version 7 will be released June 3, 2022. Effective July 1, 2023, the LAHC Nursing Program will only accept scores from the new TEAS Version (ATI TEAS Version 7). Version 6 will be accepted through June 30, 2023.
Qualified applicants will be selected and invited to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) at Los Angeles Harbor College.
The TEAS is a required test for students submitting application to the Registered Nursing Program at Los Angeles Harbor College. The ATI TEAS measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. These entry level skills were deemed important for health science program applicants by a panel of subject matter experts.
An overall cut score of 62% on the first attempt is required to advance in the application process.
Students can prepare for the TEAS with several resources including the Official ATI TEAS Prep Products, which is now available for purchase which includes online practice assessments and the study packages.
The exam comprises of 170 questions:
- Mathematics - A calculator will be provided for this section.
- English and Language Usage
The test is proctored computerized exam taken on-campus. The test is limited to 209 minutes. Students must be invited to take the TEAS; it is not available to the public. Eligible applicants requiring testing accommodations will be instructed to contact the Nursing department at the time of invitation.
The test is provided at no-cost to eligible applicants.
A cut score of 62% is required for admission. Only the first score is considered.
You can prepare for the TEAS with several resources including the Official ATI TEAS Prep Products.
- ATI TEAS Test Breakdown
- ATI TEAS FAQ
- ATI TEAS Student Card
- LASC TEAS Prep Classes
- LATTC TEAS Prep Classes
Other resources will be shared as they become available.
I took the test prior to June 3, and need to re-test. What study materials should I use?
- Because of the content updates that occurred for the ATI TEAS, the ATI TEAS Version 6 preparation materials will not provide the tester with a comprehensive overview of the topics assessed. Individuals preparing for the ATI TEAS will want to purchase the Official ATI TEAS Prep Products.
What test do I need to take?
- If you are taking the test prior to June 3, 2022 you will need to study and test on the Version 6 exam. If you are testing on or after June 3, 2022 you will study for the Version 7 exam.
What score do I need to achieve?
- At LAHC, a cut score of 62% is required for admission. Only the first score is considered.
What is the difference between the two tests?
- The ATI TEAS will be similar in difficulty level to the previous version of the TEAS. Content updates were made to align with current education standards deemed important for entry level health science applicants to possess.
Can I use a calculator? The ATI TEAS will allow for the use of a four function calculator.
- Please do not bring your own, as the calculator will be provided at the testing site.