Los Angeles Harbor College Building


The Harbor College CalWorks can help you with the following:

CalWORKs is California's welfare program for people who have children under 19 years old. To qualify, students must:

  • Be a current GAIN recipient
  • Have a county GAIN Welfare-to-Work Plan
  • Be a county referred participant
  • Be a county self-initiated participant (SIP)
  • Be a county self-referred participant (WTW Plan without education)
  • Be a county exempt participant (must have a student educational plan with clear goals for completion)
  • Be taking credit or non-courses credit