Los Angeles Harbor College
Welcome to the Los Angeles Harbor College CalWORKs Program! Our program serves all referred CalWORKs students attending LAHC. We offer a variety of services designed to support your educational, career and personal goals, including:
- Priority Registration
- Case management and coordination with GAIN services
- Assistance obtaining GAIN-paid books and supplies, tools, uniforms, and fees
- Academic Counseling
- Work-Study Opportunities
- Individualized Student Education Plan for the entire academic program
- Activities to help meet the GAIN weekly participation requirement
- Job Skills/Resume Writing Workshops
- Self-advocacy Skills Development
- Referrals to community agencies for legal, personal counseling, domestic violence and social services
- Advocacy for County, child care, and college-related concerns
Review the three-step process for new students. Links are provided to enroll in the college, apply for financial aid, and begin services with CalWORKs.
The Harbor College CalWORKs office coordinates services with the Department of Social Services. Here are some basic eligibility guidelines for CalWORKs participants.
Be prepared with the correct documents for your first appointment and know what to expect when you see your counselor.
The Harbor College CalWORKs office provides several services both to assist CalWORKs participants to meet the requirements from GAIN and help students gain job/life skills.
The Harbor College CalWORKs office is here to support CalWORKs participants. Here you will find a list of benefits for students available through the CalWORKs office.