Credit for Previous College Work

There are a variety of forms and petitions to address a student's various academic needs. Many forms are not available for download, as they require meeting with a counselor or faculty member to determine eligibility or the appropriateness of the request.

Credits from Regionally Accredited Institutions

Credits from other regionally accredited institutions will only be accepted for transfer credit after evaluation by the Admissions and Records office. Transcripts received by L.A. Harbor College will not automatically be evaluated. A Petition for Credit form along with proper documentation of courses taken at other institutions must be submitted. Guidance from a counselor is strongly encouraged when completing the Petition for Credit form.

Credits from Foreign Colleges and Universities

Students must first have their transcripts evaluated by a foreign transcript evaluation service and then petition for course equivalences at Los Angeles Harbor College. Please see a counselor for further instructions.