STEM STEP is a prescribed, accelerated (two-year) pathway at LAHC for full-time students committed to completing, transferring, and succeeding in STEM. The goal of STEM STEP is to increase the number of Hispanic and low-income students who attain degrees in STEM fields.
LAHC College faculty, counselors and staff are devoted to assisting and supporting STEM students reach their potential by creating unique career, educational, scholarship and transfer opportunities.
As a participant in STEM STEP, you will receive the following benefits:
- Individualized STEM and Transfer Counseling
- STEM Focused Workshops (STEM 101, application workshops, career workshops, etc.)
- STEM tutoring
- STEM Learning Communities
- STEM Scholarship Opportunities
- Free STEM Field Trips (currently virtual)
- STEM Textbook Lending library (available when campus-based courses resume)
- Newsletters and additional email announcements designed specifically for STEM students, including information about: scheduled workshops, guest speakers and events, university fieldtrips, internships, and university transfer updates