NextUp (CAFYES) Home
What is NextUp (CAFYES)?
The NextUp - also known as CAFYES (Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth Educational Support) - program is a supplemental component of the Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) program. The purpose of NextUp is to strengthen the capacity of community college districts to support the higher education success, health, and well-being of some of the nearly 13,000 current and former foster youth who are enrolled in California’s community colleges.
Who is eligible for NextUp (CAFYES)?
You may be eligible for NextUp if you:
- are eligible for EOPS
- are a current or former foster youth whose dependency was established or continued by the court after your 16th birthday
- are no older than 25 at the commencement of any academic year you participate in NextUp
- can provide written verification of your Foster Youth status
What services does NextUp (CAFYES) provide?
The following services are provided to NextUp students who have met all of their EOPS & NextUp responsibilities (dependent upon program funding):
- specialized counseling & mentoring
- augmented book awards
- cash grants
- meal vouchers
- food bank
- transportation assistance (bus tokens and gas cards)
- specialized workshops
- college fee waivers
- resource referrals
For more information about NextUp, please contact Tracye Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org