ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS & STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
LA College Promise Students Expectations:
- Attend mandatory Summer Bridge program before beginning Fall classes
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 units each semester (exception: student who is part of SPS program)
- Must enrolled in Math and English classes in their first semester
- Must meet with a Harbor Advantage counselor and a success coach every semester
- Must maintain 2.0 GPA or above
- Must complete the Los Angeles College Promise application
- Be a first-time college student
- Be eligible for Financial Aid (FAFSA or CA Dream Act)
- Apply for the LA College Promise
- You must submit your FAFSA, or California Dream Act Application
- FAFSA® Application | Federal Student Aid
- CA Dream Act Application
- Student must meet at least once a semester with a Harbor Advantage counselor to develop a student educational plan.
- You can start your Promise application by clicking here.
Students who are part of Special Programs and Services will not be required to maintain this unit load. To receive a reduction of units, the student needs to meet with a Special Program and Services counselor for a unit load letter. Please call (310) 233-4629 or visit the Special Program and Services counselor (Tech. Room #118).