Steps to schedule tutoring appointments:
- Sign in to your LAHC Canvas Account.
- Click on your class shell on your canvas Dashboard.
- When you are in your course, click on "LAHC Tutoring" link on the left-hand side.
- If it is your first visit, you will see this message on your screen asking you to get started. Please click "Get Started".
- Now you will be asked to choose between "learn" and "teach", please press "learn" and then click "next".
- You will now be asked to choose what LACCD college you are enrolled in. Please click on "Los Angeles Harbor College".
- You will now be taken to a page with the different tutoring centers. Click on the tutoring center you wish to get tutoring for: LAHC | LRC
- An e-mail verification will be sent to your student e-mail to verify your account. Once you verify your e-mail and account, you can begin accessing the LRC's tutoring services.
- Select a single appointment type: single (one time)
- Click "Join class" and select the class you would like tutoring for.
- Click on the class you just selected
- Select a day and time. Available times are highlighted in blue.
- Select a tutor.
- Choose meeting location (online or in person)
- Tell us what you would like to work on during your session.
- Review your appointment information and complete your request
- Remove this at the bottom of the page.
Spring 023 tutoring schedule
|Biology 3&6||In Person||Tuesday||3:00pm-6:00pm|
|Chemistry 65 & 101||In Person||Tuesday||3:00pm-6:00pm|
Please follow directions below for free 24/7 online tutoring in math, writing, or literacy via NetTutor
Free tutorial services are available for LAHC students enrolled in:
Students are usually referred by an instructor or counselor but students are welcome to drop-in/stop by. Attendance records are maintained for positive attendance allocation. For each tutoring session, students are advised to bring current syllabus, textbook(s), and class notes.
Study Skills and Writing Resources:
Vaughan Memorial Library Plagiarism Tutorial: http://library.acadiau.ca/tutorials/plagiarism/
MLA 8th Edition Style Center:
What's New?: https://style.mla.org/whats-new/
Works Cited: https://style.mla.org/works-cited-a-quick-guide/
The Citation Game - APA Psych Out (Williams College & Mount Holyoke College):