About the Math Lab:
The Math Lab is a part of the Math Department and is staffed by an Instructional Assistant and trained tutors. Math Lab tutors are available throughout the day for students enrolled in basic and advanced-level math courses. Students may study individually or in small groups and have questions answered on an individual or group basis. Computers are available to access online materials and complete online assignments. Service hours are posted at the beginning of each semester.
Math Lab rules:
- No FOOD or DRINK is allowed in the Math Lab
- Cellphones should be silenced and all phone conversations must be taken outside.
- The Math Lab maintains a studious environment and disruptive students will be asked to leave
- The Math Lab does not lend textbooks or calculators out to students.
How to get the help you need:
To Get Tutoring During In Person hours:
Come in to the LLRC building and visit one of our math tutors. The Math Lab is location on the first floor along the computer commons. No appointment is needed.
To Get Tutoring During Drop-in hours:
Click on the Join Zoom Meeting to visit with one of our math tutors.
To Get Online 1 to 1 Tutoring Appointments:
Steps to request tutoring
- Sign in to your LAHC Canvas Account.
- Click on your class shell on your canvas Dashboard.
- When you are in your course, click on "LAHC Tutoring" link on the left-hand side.
- If it is your first visit, you will see this message on your screen asking you to get started. Please click "Get Started".
- Now you will be asked to choose between "learn" and "teach", please press "learn" and then click "next".
- You will now be asked to choose what LACCD college you are enrolled in. Please click on "Los Angeles Harbor College".
- You will now be taken to a page with the different tutoring centers. Click on the tutoring center you wish to get tutoring for: LAHC | LRC
- An e-mail verification will be sent to your student e-mail to verify your account. Once you verify your e-mail and account, you can begin accessing the LRC's tutoring services.
- Select a single appointment type: single (one time)
- Click "Join class" and select the class you would like tutoring for.
- Click on the class you just selected
- Select a day and time. Available times are highlighted in blue.
- Select a tutor.
- Choose meeting location (online or in person)
- Tell us what you would like to work on during your session.
- Review your appointment information and complete your request
Math Lab Tutors will:
- Answer specific questions.
- Help you get started on a problem.
- Check that you are approaching a problem correctly.
- Encourage you through the process as you tackle your homework.
Math Lab Tutors will NOT:
- Actually work your homework problems for you.
- Assist with take-home quizzes or exams or any assignment restricted from the Math Lab.
- Spend unlimited time with you.
- Repeat a lecture from class.
- Lend math textbooks or solutions manuals to you
Meet the Math Lab Tutors
NetTutor provides free online tutoring 24 hours a day 7 days a week in math. Please follow directions below for for steps on how to get help via NetTutor:
Math Lab Hours:
Office Hours and Location
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Fridays: 9:00AM - 2:00PM
Online - 1 to 1 appointments
Mondays: 3:00PM - 8:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - 11:00PM
Drop-in Math Tutoring Zoom tutoring information:
Saturday: 11:00PM - 1:00PM
Join Zoom Meeting: https://laccd.zoom.us/j/98710674293
Meeting ID: 98710674293
One tap mobile:+16699006833, 98710674293# US (San Jose)