HONORS SCHOLAR REQUIREMENTS
- Maintain satisfactory grades in all courses with at least a transferable cumulative 3.0 GPA or above.
- Enroll full-time each Fall/Spring semester.*
- Attend the Annual Fall Honors Transfer Program Orientation.
- Complete at least 5 Honors courses totaling 15 units or more and meeting all requirements stipulated by the course. Students may enroll in a maximum of 2 honors courses per fall/spring semester and maximum of 1 per winter/summer session.
- Complete transfer-level Math and English by the end of the first year of enrollment.
- Complete Library Science 101, a 1-unit, UC transferable, 8-week course that helps build the foundational research skills used in honors courses.
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours of documented community service and/or campus involvement.
- Students are encouraged to meet with a Counselor at least twice throughout the time in the Honors program to develop/update an educational plan, review progress and discuss any issues hindering your academic success.
- Honors contract courses must be completed with an "A" or "B" in order to earn honors credit.
- Complete courses necessary for transfer as a junior in your major of study.
*Ensures eligibility for LACP, scholarships and timely degree/transfer completion.