Applying in the U.S. : LOS ANGELES HARBOR COLLEGE
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAM
International Student Applicants in the U.S. (Transfer or Change of Status)
Applying within the U.S. to Los Angeles Harbor College:
2) Submit a completed “Affidavit of Support” accompanied by appropriate supporting financial documents. (The appropriate financial documents are documents showing that the sponsor has sufficient funds to cover one year of the student’s educational and living expenses-- currently $20,000). Types of documents that may be submitted are a bank account or investment account statement, a letter from the sponsor’s bank, or even a copy of the sponsor’s income tax statement. If an applicant is sponsoring himself or herself, he or she should write “Self” for the question “Student’s Relationship to You.” If the student’s sponsor is a U.S. citizen, the sponsor will have to complete USCIS form I-134.
3) Evidence of English language proficiency:
TOEFL scores: PBT - 450 or above;
CPT - 133 or above
iBT - 45 or above
IELTS score: Band 5.0 or above
Step Eiken score: Level 2, pre-1, or 1
iTEP score: 3.5 or above
Other standardized tests may be used.
The test scores may be waived for students transferring from a U.S. college or university or from an international high school where English is the medium of instruction high school. Students in the Los Angeles area who are in an appropriate level in an English language program but do not have a TOEFL or IELTS score may be permitted to take the college's ESL assessment exam. Placement in the college's English 85 level will waive the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
4) Official transcripts from all the schools attended in the U.S.
5) Two passport size photos taken within the last six months.
6) Copy of passport identification page^
7) Copy of VISA^
8) Copy of I-94 (front and back)^
9) Copy of I-20*^
10) Intent to Transfer to LAHC form completed by current home school*^
11) A non-refundable $35 application fee.
*Does not apply to change of status students
^Note: Transfer students hand carrying their applications to the international Student Office must bring original documents, which include their passports containing their visa and I-94 (the white card stapled in the passport when entering the U.S.) and their I-20s, with them. Office staff will photocopy the original documents and return the originals to the student. The photocopies will be placed in the student's "official" file. Out-of-state or out-of-area transfer students may submit photocopies of the above documents with their mailed-in applications. However, once on campus, students need to bring the original documents to the International Student Office so that office staff can make copies of the original documents for the students official file. All documents submitted as part of the application process become property of Los Angeles Harbor College whether or not the student decides enroll at Los Angeles Harbor College.