(Academic Success Action Plan)
Project A.S.A.P. is a federally funded TRIO Program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education. This Project offers an intensive service and instructional package to a select number of students with disabilities in support of full attainment of graduation and transfer goals. The Project activities are designed to support full student success (including financial literacy) with an emphasis on improving student retention rates and academic performance.
To be able to participate in the Academic Success Action Plan students MUST file an application and be formally admitted into the Project.
Primary Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be enrolled on the campus
- Must have a verified disability
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent resident
- Must be able to demonstrate academic need (see academic eligibility below)
Other Eligibility Criteria May Include:
- Low-income status in accordance with federal guidelines
In addition to the above criteria, applicants must be highly motivated to succeed in their education and must have a goal of wanting to graduate with an AA Degree and/or want to transfer to a four-year institution and have one or more of the following academic needs:
- 2.4 or below grade point average
- Specific problems in English or Math
- English as second language challenges
- College probation
- Low placement scores
- Counseling (academic, personal, career)
- Faculty and community liaison support
- Priority Registration and course selection assistance with provision of Student Educational Plan
- Provision of information on Federal student financial aid programs and assistance in completing financial aid applications
- Financial literacy counseling and instruction on financial planning
- Transfer workshops and counseling sessions designed to help students apply to four year institutions and apply for associated financial assistance.
- Access to Personal Development Classes and Learning Skills Classes
- Access to student success workshop series
- Access to cultural awareness activities
- Access to Peer Mentoring Services
How to Apply:
- Download and complete the Project A.S.A.P. application (PDF) by typing or hand printing the form.
- Return the completed application to us via FAX, mail or in person:
- Fax: (310) 233-4633
- Mail and In Person:
- Project A.S.A.P.
- Cafeteria 108
- Los Angeles Harbor College
- 1111 Figueroa Place
- Wilmington, CA 90744
For further information please call: (310) 233-4075. Be sure to visit the staffing portion of this website to be able to directly link with TRIO staff members.