front of lahc NEA

Loss of Enrollment Priority

Read carefully each of the sections below. Then, if you meet the requirements for an exception to the regulations, you may complete and file the form titled Loss of Enrollment Priority and/or BOG Fee Waiver Appeal. You must attach a typed narrative of the reasons for the appeal and documentation if required. Appeals submitted without sufficient documentation will be denied. Submit all documents in a single packet to the Office of Admissions and Records (SSA Room 107).
In order to receive enrollment priority for the next semester, your petition must be submitted at least two (2) weeks before the next term “Matriculation Activities Cutoff Date”
Loss of Enrollment Priority
Students who have completed orientation, assessment, and developed a student education plan are granted registration priority. However, this priority is lost at the first registration opportunity after a student is placed on academic or progress probation for two consecutive semesters or has earned 100 or more degree‐applicable units.

Here are some frequently asked question about enrollment priority


Priority registration is lost when you have been on academic probation for two consecutive semesters, or when you accrue more than 100 completed units of degree applicable coursework – accumulated from any of the LACCD colleges.

A student is placed on academic probation when s/he has attempted at least 12 semester units and s/he earns a cumulative GPA of less than 2.0. Priority registration is lost when a student earns a cumulative GPA below 2.0 for two consecutive semesters.

Students who accumulate more than 100 units of degree applicable units will lose priority registration.

Yes. Academic probation and unit limits will be applied to all student groups, including veterans, foster youth, DSPS, EOPS, as well as international and non-resident students.

No. Only degree applicable units earned in the LACCD count toward the 100 unit limitation.

Yes. Units from courses taken at another college are counted within the 100 unit limit. Only degree applicable units earned are counted towards the 100 unit limit.

No. The 100 unit limit applies only to the units you have earned. Withdrawals (W's) and incompletes (I's) will not count towards the 100 units.

No. Units currently in progress, the classes you are currently taking, are not counted because they have not been “earned” or completed at the time that you will be eligible to register for the next semester.

Look on the last page of the LACCD transcript. There is a column called degree units. The amount listed there is the cumulative number of completed and earned degree applicable units.

An appeals process is available for all students who lose enrollment priority due to extenuating circumstances that can be verified (accidents, illness, or other circumstances beyond the student’s control), or who are in a verifiable high unit major.

Each LACCD campus has its own appeals committee. You will need to follow the process outline at the college that is your home campus. A student can appeal for two reasons:
1) Extenuating circumstances (verified cases of accidents, illnesses or other circumstances beyond the control of the student)
2) High unit majors

A registration priority privilege can be restored when the student is no longer on academic probation. A priority loss which occurs after a student accumulates 100+ units may never be restored.