The Assessment Committee meets every third Tuesday of the month in SCC-271 at 1:15 pm. The next meeting will be May 19, 2015. *This is the last official meeting until Fall 15.
Assessment: Assessment is the systematic collection, review, and use of information about educational programs undertaken for the purpose of improving student learning and development.
The Assessment Committee is a subcommittee of the Curriculum Committee. The goal of the assessment committee is to provide a process for quality control and accountability. The committee is composed of an academic assessment co-chair (SLO Coordinator) and an administrator co-chair plus representatives from the academic divisions and student/administrative services.
The duties of the committee are:
- Keep current with requirements and activities related to assessment by ACCJC and the District. Publicize to the campus.
- Create an Institutional Assessment Plan (maps out programs, timelines, responsibilities and flow of documents).
- Review campus wide assessment progress at regular intervals and recommend actions to further or improve the process.
- Review assessment forms prior to publication to the web. Recommend changes if necessary.
- Review information for accreditation reporting on assessment.
- Deliver planning information to appropriate college committees such as CPC, Senate, and Budget.
- Create assessment plans for General Education and Institutional assessment.
- Recommend campus-wide meetings for dialog and training about assessment issues.
Dr. Joachin Arias
Dr. Stephanie Atkinson-Alston
Dean, Academic Affairs
Los Angeles Harbor College Cluster/Unit Goals