Ask questions and get answers anytime, day or night. Just click on the Ask Us Now logo and get started!
The Role of Women in the History of the United States
Primary Sources -- LC Subject Headings when searching library catalog
- Early Works to 1800
- Personal Narratives (or the word ‘narrative’ in the title of a book, usually)
- Sources (this is the main subject heading for primary sources)
Full-Text Databases (Articles, Encyclopedia entries)
- America History & Life with Full Text - powerful search tool; full text journal articles (mostly); no primary sources
- Gale Student Resources in Context - Browse topics, Women's rights. Select Primary Sources
- Salem History - click browse tab, select Women's Issues; encyclopedia entries; no primary sources
- JSTOR - strong collection of scholarly articles on historical topics; mostly considered secondary sources. Difficult to refine by topic, but Advanced Search lets you narrow by discipline.
- Use infomine.ucr.edu as a decent search tool for academic and scholarly websites (avoid the $ pay per view sites)
- Search for selected sites using the Google operators.
inurl:library site:edu guide [insert relevant terms], e.g., Mexican American
- Chicago documentation style
Link to Post-Tests
Sec. 0744 Tues. 9/10 test