Citizens' Oversight Committee Minutes
LOS ANGELES HARBOR COLLEGE
CITIZEN’S OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
June 12, 2007
President’s Conference Room
Attending: Dr. L. Spink, P. Zurbrugg, L. Nelms, G. Mooney, J. Valle, J. Sturm, J. Naranjo
Guests: M. Bishop
Meeting called to order at 4:35.
I. Public Comment Time
No public in attendance.
II. Review of Minutes of 5/11/06, 9/28/06, 3/6/07
Minutes were accepted, with one change to the minutes of 3/6/07 (date correction).
III. /IV Update on Construction, Budget/Financials Review
M. Bishop distributed and discussed:
Proposition AA Master Plan
Project Financial Report
M. Bishop provided the construction and renovation projects update; discussion included:
· progress in comparison to other campuses
· Design-Build, and the cost and time savings that come with that categorization
· Fine Arts courtyard, portion of theater lighting, rigging and sound package remaining to be bid and constructed
· Status of the track and field projects; the Site Utilities project and the FM & O Building; the Technology and NorthEast Academic Buildings and the loop road
· The CDC and PE Buildings currently are in DSA for plans review
General discussion included:
· Need for third bond to be passed if master plan is to be completed
· Placement of faculty offices
· Parking structure and city parking regulations
· Slow-down in escalation of construction costs
V. Report from District Oversight Committee (P. Zurbrugg):
J. Sohn was introduced as the new Project Manager. The Board commended Harbor for being so far ahead of the other LACCD campuses in construction.
VI. Items from the Floor
The meeting was adjourned at 6:15 PM.