COLLEGE PLANNING COUNCIL (CPC)
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Presiding: J. Smith, B. McNeel
Co-chairs: J. Smith, B. McNeel
Administration: L. Spink, L. Rosas, A. Tomlinson, A. Patterson, R. Richards,
Faculty: L. Mckenzie, M. Wood, B. Young, N.Barakat
Classified: L. Desilva,
Guests: M. Schoeppner, C. Mussa-Muldoon, Carlos Diaz, Tom Johns, Joe Sion
AFT: Susan McMurray
Absent: Administration D. Humphreys, N. Malone, Academic Senate: Classified: I. Clarke, W. Gilliam, C. McClenney, R. Nadler, T. Limar, Faculty: J. Stanbery, M. Wood. ASO: E. Robledo,
Meeting was called to order at 1:30.
Acceptance of Agenda:
The Agenda was accepted as presented.
Acceptance of Minutes:
Minutes for 1/11/10 were approved with one correction.
Announcements: Dr. Spink announced that there were some concerns regarding Accreditation. Jack Scott the State Chancellor requested a meeting with Barbara Beano and the Commission. They have agreed to meet in closed session.
Susan McMurray announced the passing of Karen Blank, a long term adjunct instructor
Discussion continued on Measure J: the GC and Science Buildings.
- Demolition was discussed and replacing the old Buildings with Modulars.
- A handout with various options was distributed.
- Current estimate to paint and patch the Science Building is $876,556.00
- Full upgrade to Building is estimated at $4,872,193.00
- Full upgrade will include ADA compliant new FF&E, Furniture renovation
- Full upgrades will also include a new elevator and new windows.
- 3A - Another option is to replace general classroom with a new modular 2 storey building. Swing space was discussed.
- Option 3B – Option to relocate the Modular Building and replace the existing one.
- Option 3B is expected to be a one year project.
- Paint and Patch windows will not be replaced but made operable.
- Changes are cosmetic and functional.
- Bathrooms in the Building are already ADA compliant
- Old tile floors will be replaced.
- Air conditioning units will be plugged into the offices.
Pros and cons of both the full upgrade versus the paint and patch were discussed and the Consensus was for Option 1, paint and patch for $876,556.00
Susan McMurray announced that there were 6 candidates for the FHPC position, 5 candidates were interviewed and Angie Crum, Paula Brown, Larry Kreuger were selected to work with essential skills February 4th and 5th. L. Spink’s daughter Jennifer Strickland, PhD, Instructional Technologist, Mesa Community College. Arizona, will present two Flex Worshops on February 4th. Larry Kreuger will also provide workshops for Faculty.
A. Patterson announced that the new Student Body President is Steve Delgado. Student President and Vice President of Finance are not eligible to continue in the positions. The new ASO advisor is Mercy Yanez. N. Malone will continue to be Dean of Student Life and supervise the area.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:30 p.m.