Academic Advancement Procedures
- Obtain copies of the Academic Advancement Application and Faculty Academic Advancement Guidelines from the website, Academic Senate office or your Division Chair.
- Using the LAHC Faculty Academic Advancement Steps table, determine the appropriate promotion level. No rank levels are skipped regardless of the time at one level. It is up to the applicant to maintain a record of his or her eligibility and begin the request process.
- Complete the Application in detail. Compile a portfolio with items for examples and confirmation where appropriate. (Adjuncts include a copy of the seniority list.) For example, a copy of FLEX activities will ensure that no items are counted in a duplicate manner for FLEX and advancement. Individual events and activities should either be used for FLEX obligations or for advancement with the exception of opening day and division/department meetings. KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF.
- Submit a complete copy of all materials and the original application form to the division chair of your department in the Fall semester (the last working day of September). The division chair shall fill out the non-compliance activity section and add his or her signature.
- The application will then be forwarded to the chair of SAPPC. The SAPPC Chair will present the application to the Academic Senate for review and approval. Within one month, the Vice President of Academic Affairs will notify you via email that your application has been received.
- Upon acceptance of academic rank advancement through the Academic Senate, the Vice President of Academic Affairs will notify the Office of Academic Affairs and your division chair.
- Maintain a finalized, signed copy of your rank advancement for your own records and to set the date for future advancement levels.