LOS ANGELES HARBOR COLLEGE MISSION:
Home > Mission
Los Angeles Harbor College promotes access and student success through associate and transfer degrees, certificates, economic and workforce development, and basic skills instruction. Our educational programs and support services meet the needs of diverse communities as measured by campus institutional learning outcomes.
Harbor College provides a stimulating learning environment that prepares members within the community to meet goals and opportunities successfully.
Student Success, Excellence, Integrity, A Supportive Environment, Personal and Institutional Accountability, and Civic Responsibility.
Institutional Student Learning Outcomes
- ISLO 1 - Communication: Use language and non-verbal modes of expression appropriate to the audience and purpose.
- ISLO 2 - Cognition: Use critical thinking skills to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate ideas and information.
- ISLO 3 - Information and Technological Competency: Utilize research skills necessary to achieve educational, professional, and personal objectives. (Addition of Technological is pending approval)
- ISLO 4 - Social Responsibility and Ethics: Demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for others and participate actively in activities that empower self and others.
Strategic Educational Master Plan Goals (SEMP)
- Goal 1 - Access and Preparation for Success: Improve equitable access; help students attain important early educational momentum points.
- Goal 2 - Teaching and Learning for Success: Strengthen effective teaching and learning by providing a learner-centered educational environment; help students attain their goals of certificate and degree completion, transfer, and job training and career placement; increases equity in the achievement of these outcomes.
- Goal 3 - Organizational Effectiveness: Improve organizational effectiveness through data-informed planning and decision-making, process assessment, and professional development.
- Goal 4 - Resources and Collaboration: Increase and diversify sources of revenue in order to achieve and maintain fiscal stability and to support District initiatives. Enhance and maintain mutually beneficial external partnerships with business, labor, and industry and other community and civic organizations in the greater Los Angeles area.